From the large, informative color display and user-friendly controls to the flexible powering methods, remote control options, and precision time code functionality, the F8n Pro is properly equipped to please novices and demanding veterans alike. Whether you need long-duration stereo recording for an interview, redundant capture of multi-mic setups for a video shoot, or Ambisonics sound files for virtual reality and 360-audio projects, the F8n Pro has the modes, resolutions, and media support to handle your crucial audio tasks.
Enhancements on the Pro Model
- Extending the legacy of the F8n, the F8n Pro adds dual analog-to-digital converters and 32-bit float recording, enabling pristine audio recording without gain adjustment and without clipping.
- Separate A/D converters for low and high gain allow the F8n Pro to achieve equally impressive SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) performance for quiet and loud sounds.
- The 32-bit float WAV format can maintain the resolution at the time of recording, and even if normalization processing is performed after recording, the original sound is reproduced without deterioration.
- It can also be used as an 8-input / 4-output USB audio interface that supports 32-bit float resolution.
Studio-Quality Performance for Discerning Professionals
- The F8n Pro can accommodate all manner of condenser microphones as well as balanced line-level signals via eight locking Neutrik XLR-1/4" combo inputs. Eight studio-quality microphone preamps boasting massive gain (up to 75 dB) and ultra-low noise (-127 dBu EIN) ensure that your sound sources will be amplified with sonic accuracy. Plus, the F8n Pro's advanced look-ahead limiters anticipate clipping before it's recorded.
Zoom Mic Capsule Input
- A Zoom mic capsule input on the F8n Pro accommodates Zoom's line of interchangeable capsules (available separately) in place of inputs 1-2. With mid-side, X/Y, and shotgun mic capsules to choose from, you can be ready to record music, dialog, or sound effects without carting an external microphone setup.
Configurable Recording Settings for Any Situation
- The F8n Pro boasts a slew of recording modes and resolutions to choose from—record all eight inputs at a maximum resolution of 32-bit / 192 kHz, use BWF-compliant WAV format for uncompressed audio quality and industry-standard file compatibility, or use the built-in Ambisonics mode to capture 360° audio from a compatible VR microphone.
Redundant Recording and Pre-Recording
- Track directly to an SD card while recording USB audio to a computer for safe, "redundant" capture of takes. The F8n Pro has dual SD card slots supporting SDXC cards up to 1TB, allowing high-resolution recording, even for long shoots. Record the same content to both cards or select different file formats for each card.
- The pre-record function allows you to capture up to six seconds of audio before you hit the Record button, guaranteeing you never miss a take.
Multiple Output Feeds
- Outfitted with two TA3 balanced main outputs and an unbalanced 3.5mm submix out, the F8n Pro is a capable field mixer. Since the main and sub outs can be fed from different or identical sources, you can easily route to multiple devices such as a camera, DSLR, mixer, or secondary recorder.
- With a transparent and high-output 100mW per channel headphone amplifier tied to a dedicated 1/4" stereo output, the F8n Pro provides clean, efficient monitoring of pre- or post-fader levels, independent left/right signals, and alerts for battery and recording status.
Ambisonics Support for VR, AR, and 360-Audio
- The F8n Pro's Ambisonics mode offers precision A-to-B decoding and balanced gain linking, enabling you to capture professional spatial audio for VR (Virtual Reality), AR (Augmented Reality), and more. Even while using the first four channels for Ambisonics recording, you can utilize channels 5-8 for other signals such as boom and lav mics or an alternate Ambisonics format. A built-in Ambisonics stereo monitor converter allows real-time monitoring of your Ambisonics recording. Download the free Zoom Ambisonics Player software to access user-friendly decoding and editing functions for your 360-audio.
- The F8n Pro features flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs, phase inversion, and mid-side decoding. It also provides high-pass filtering to reduce the sound of wind and other noise. Input and output delays are also available.
Precision Time Code and Synchronization Features
- Whether you keep the F8n Pro powered on all day, or shut it down during breaks, rock-solid sync with video cameras, master time code clocks, or additional audio recorders will be maintained. Accurate synchronization is made possible with the F8n Pro's high-end time code features. Standard BNC jacks are dedicated for time code I/O, and a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) boasts super stable time code accuracy to ±0.2 ppm. You can even jam sync the F8n when constant external time code isn't present.
Efficient Remote Control Options
- If you need extensive external control, Zoom has you covered. For fast and fluid hands-on remote control, the Zoom F-Control (available separately) is ideal. It features smooth 60mm faders, plus tactile controls for trim, pan, arming tracks, transport operations, and more.
- For convenient wireless remote control from an iOS mobile device, use the free "F8 Control" app to quickly monitor and tweak levels, operate transport controls, add metadata, and more. An Android version of F8 Control is planned for release in 2022.
Power for Hours
- To keep up with the pace of on-location production, the F8n Pro offers several methods of powering. Operate it via eight AA batteries (available separately), power it through a Hirose-connected 9-18V DC battery pack (available separately), or plug it into a wall outlet with the included 12V power adapter.
Multifunction Mini-USB Port
- A mini-USB port on the F8n Pro serves several functions. Connect it to a computer for file backup or live audio streaming, or connect it to the Zoom F-Control (available separately) for hands-on remote control.
Highly Visible Display
- Day or night, view vital information such as audio levels, recording time, battery status, and more on the 2.4" full-color backlit LCD, which also offers a monochromatic mode. Transport controls (the play/pause and record buttons are illuminated), navigation buttons, and per-channel gain, PFL, and 6-segment meters are presented nearby for sound bag–friendly, hassle-free operations.
Zoom AutoMix Software Reduces Ambient Noise
- Let Zoom's AutoMix function simplify your job. This smart software automatically adjusts the levels of your mix to reduce the amount of ambient sound, so you can focus on capturing a well-balanced mix. Since you turn AutoMix on/off for each channel, you have complete control over where you want AutoMix to work.
Compact, Portable, and Durable
- The rugged build quality and compact size make the F8n Pro an excellent choice for location recording on set and in the field. It's equally well suited for placement in an audio bag or a camera-mounted configuration.
Metadata for Simplified Postproduction
- Add metadata such as notes and track/scene names in BWF and iXML formats to easily catalog your files in preparation for loading them into your video or audio editing workstation. Make it a habit to make organization and collaboration in postproduction easy.
Built-In Slate Function and Tone Generator
- The F8n Pro has a built-in slate mic for recording comments as well as the ability to output a variable frequency tone signal for synchronization with miscellaneous video equipment.
- Location Recording and Filmmaking
- 32-Bit Float Recording Avoids Clipping
- 8 x High-Gain, Low-Noise Mic Preamps
- Records 8 Inputs & Stereo Mix
- Ambisonics, WAV & MP3 Audio Formats
- Supports Control via App or F-Control
- Flexible Powering Options
- Dual SD Card / USB Interface Recording
- AutoMix Software Reduces Mix Noise
- Precision Time Code Reader/Generator
|Primary Use Applications||
|Number of Tracks||
10 (8 Inputs + Stereo Mix)
|Number of Input Channels||
|Maximum Sampling Rate||
192 kHz / 24-Bit
Built-In Slate Mic
|Number of Microphone Inputs||
2.4" / 6.1 cm Color LCD (Backlit)
|Memory Card Support||
SDHC (4 GB to 32 GB)
SDXC (64 GB to 1 TB)
Pre-Record Buffer, Remote Control Capable, Slate Function (Remote Available Separately)
|Audio File Formats||
BWF, ID3v1, MP3, WAV, iXML
44.1 / 47.952 / 48 / 48.048 / 88.2 / 96 / 192 kHz
44.1 / 48 kHz
32-Bit (Floating Point)
16 / 24-Bit
128 to 320 kb/s
|Signal Processing & FX||
Delay, Limiter, Low-Cut Filter
|Frame Rates Supported||
23.976 / 24 / 25 / 29.97 / 29.97 DF / 30 / 30 DF
±0.2 ppm / 0.5 Frame per 24 Hrs
WAV 48 kHz/32-Bit:
43.4 Mins per GB (Stereo)
WAV 192 kHz/32-Bit:
10.9 Mins per GB (Stereo)
8 x Combo XLR-1/4" TRS Female Line/Mic Input (Lockable)
1 x Proprietary 10-Pin Mic Capsule Input
2 x TA3 3-Pin Male Balanced Line Output
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Female Unbalanced Line Output
1 x 1/4" TRS Female Unbalanced Headphone Output
1 x BNC Timecode Input
1 x BNC Timecode Output
+24 / 48 V (Selectable on Individual Inputs)
|Phantom Power Current||
≤ 10 mA per Channel
1 x Mini-USB (2.0)
|Audio Interface Capability||
20 Hz to 60 kHz +0.5/-1 dB (at 192 kHz)
+10 to +75 dB
-10 to +55 dB
|Max Input Level||
+4 dBu (Limiter On, at 0 dBFS)
+24 dBu (at 0 dBFS)
|Max Output Level||
|Headphone Output Power||
100 mW per Channel into 32 Ohms
|Equivalent Input Noise (EIN)||
≤-127 dBu (A-Weighted)
Battery or AC/DC Power Adapter
8 x AA (Not Included)
|Approximate Battery Life||
6 Hours (Alkaline, 2 Channels, Phantom Off, Recording, with Headphones)
8.5 Hours (NiMH, 2 Channels, Phantom Off, Recording, with Headphones)
12 Hours (Lithium, 2 Channels, Phantom Off, Recording, with Headphones)
5 Hours (Alkaline, All Channels, Phantom Off, Recording, with Headphones)
7 Hours (NiMH, All Channels, Phantom Off, Recording, with Headphones)
10 Hours (Lithium, All Channels, Phantom Off, Recording, with Headphones)
0.5 Hours (Alkaline, All Channels, Phantom On, Recording, with Headphones)
1.5 Hours (NiMH, All Channels, Phantom On, Recording, with Headphones)
2.5 Hours (Lithium, All Channels, Phantom On, Recording, with Headphones)
|AC/DC Power Adapter||
12 VDC at 2 A (Included)
|AC Input Power||
100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz
1/4"-20 Female (Bottom)
7 x 5.5 x 2.1" / 178.2 x 140.3 x 54.3 mm
2.6 lb / 1.2 kg (with Batteries)
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||
12.1 x 10.3 x 4.1"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.