Relatively small and lightweight, the DZOFilm VESPID 16mm T2.8 Lens is part of the VESPID series of lenses from DZOFilm and is well suited for independent and high-end full-frame cinematography. The lens has an 80mm front diameter, allowing it to work with virtually any cine-style matte box. The small size makes this lens an attractive option when working with drones and gimbals, as well as when shooting handheld or run-and-gun. Sporting an interchangeable PL mount, this fully manual lens works with cameras that have a PL or EF mount with the included EF mount. The full-frame coverage of the lens supports sensors that have an image circle up to 46.5mm for use on cameras with sensors up to full-frame without vignetting.
The 16-blade iris, which is consistent throughout the VESPID prime lens lineup, creates round out-of-focus highlights that have a more natural appearance and contribute to the lens's natural-looking bokeh. The focus ring features 270° of rotation for precise focus pulls, and the iris ring has a generous 50° of rotation. The lens has a magnetically attached rear filter for ND filters.
- This 16mm lens has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. When mounted on a camera with a Super35 sensor, it provides you with a tighter shot than if mounted on a camera with a full-frame sensor.
- The lenses provide an organic look that is a cross between the modern-day cold and technically precise aesthetic and vintage cinema lenses.
- The coated optics help provide natural-looking contrast while helping to control veiling glare and specular highlights, preventing flares from washing out your image.
- The 16-blade iris makes for a natural-looking bokeh and creates smooth rounded out-of-focus highlights.
- The modern mechanical design allows each lens to have a small size and light weight yet share the same 80mm front diameter for fast lens changes.
- The rear of the lens has a magnetically attached rear filter that accepts optional ND filters that help you control exposure without affecting the iris setting or changing your depth of field.
- A minimum focusing distance of 10" allows you to get up close to your subject.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.